Monday, May 31, 2010

4 Year wedding anniversary

We just celebrated our 4 year wedding date, May 27th. Ryan asked me a while ago if I would be able to leave our dear Addison for a weekend getaway. I of course said NO, she is only 5 months!! The more I thought about it, I realized how even though it would be hard, it was a good thing. So I planned our romantic weekend. We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Landrum, SC called The Red Horse Inn. I booked the whole weekend with the stipulation that Ryan's parents, who live in Spartanburg, would keep her. Landrum is only 40 minutes from Spartanburg, so they brought her to see us on Saturday for a few hours. It was soo great because we got to spend amazing uninterrupted time together but also saw our daughter for a few hours in between. It was hard saying goodbye to her Friday evening but after 10 minutes on the road I was fine. I actually felt guilty that I didn't think about her much at all. It was like we had just rewinded 1 year and it was just us. Soo needed and awesome! It's just hard to reconnect during the week when life is so busy and you have a baby always needing your attention. I highly recommend an occasional getaway to those how have kids. It's so important to make time to love and prioritize one another. The bed and breakfast was really nice and the perfect getaway for us. As you can see it is on some beautiful property.


The courtyard from our room.
This is the first thing you see as you come to the front of the Red Horse Inn. It took my breath away! This bed and breakfast sits on 200 acres.
The Red Horse Inn. The couple who owns it, built is literally themselves. It took them 7 years.
This is Buko, the field ornament. They let us feed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment