Sunday, October 10, 2010

Night Night...


As most of you know Addison is the best baby by day, but did you all know that she is not so good at night. She always woke up once a night to nurse (I was fine with that), but when she turned 8 months, separation anxiety kicked in and night/nap time became a nightmare. She would cry for one hour sometimes before falling asleep. I struggled with the "cry it out" method but tried it anyway. I also altered our night time routine. Now she nurses, brushes teeth, we read the same book every night and I sing her a song. It has been a rough one and a half weeks but...it WORKED!!! For the last 3 nights she has gone to sleep with out any tears!! It is sooo rewarding to know that pushing through all that crying paid off. Now I might start to tackle that night feeding. Maybe not yet...I am just happy she is going to sleep again!!

The picture above is the sleeping position I am finding her in when she plays or fusses herself to sleep. I always am so worried she can't breathe and check on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment