Friday, July 8, 2011

Welcome Cohen Christopher Sigmon!!

Cohen Christopher Sigmon is finally here!! He came 2 days before his due date and was born June 26th at 1:47 am. I had yet again another amazing birth experience. Let me share it with you. :) The Friday before my water broke, we spent most of the day helping our dear friends move into their home. Saturday morning we ran errands and went to the pool in the afternoon. I was not having any contractions other than braxton hicks. We had just put Addison to bed at 8 pm and Ryan and I were out in the garage cleaning up and doing some organizing. I decided to run a small load of laundry and just as I was pouring the detergent into the washer my water broke. I yelled for Ryan to call Elaine, as she was the person on call to come watch Addison. I started freaking out because I couldn't get in touch with my mom who I just talked to an hour before my water broke. Finally we were able to reach my mom and everyone else and were headed off to the hospital. It was all so exciting! My contractions started around 11 pm and my labor went really fast after that. My mom, Ryan's mom Martha, and Lindsay all made for most of my labor and birth. It was so surreal to have all that love and support there. Ryan was so perfect in everything he did for me. He was so supportive, sensitive, tender, and involved in the labor process. I felt so loved! I got an epidural when I was about 7 cm and ended up ready to push after only having it for 15 minutes. I pushed for 10 minutes and out came this beautiful boy. He weighed 8.9 pounds and was 21 inches long. It's crazy how even though I have gone through having a child, it all still seemed so new all over again. I felt insecure, scared, in love, in awe, grateful, terrified, blessed, and clueless! We had so many visitors at the hospital, including friends and family. I guess it was adrenaline that kept us awake during those 24 hours of complete sleep deprivation.

We have been so blessed with the support from friends and family. My mom stayed the first week and constantly picked up the house, watched Addison and Cohen while I slept, kept us fed, and did laundry etc. Thank you soo much mom for your love and support. You made that first week survivable for us. Martha also stayed for a few days and helped out so much as well. I am so blessed to have a mother-in-law who I love to have around. She is always a blessing and is so thoughtful in the way she helps us. Lindsay came and stayed the second week and helped out. I am overwhelmed by everyone's love. Our neighbors have brought by food and gifts and our sweet friends, Holly and Ross provided 2 meals for us! God has provided for us by giving us such wonderful friends and family. I thank God every day for all of you!

Here is our amazing midwife, Margaret. She was such a blessing and she made our experience so meaningful!

This must have been prior to my terribly painful contractions! Phew they were bad!

My beautiful family!! I am so in love with everyone in the picture. I wish everyone could feel the way I felt during this fantastic experience! When Addison came to meet Cohen for the first time in the hospital she was very taken back. She didn't want to have anything to do with me or Cohen. It was a lot for her to take in. She has done sooo great since we brought Cohen home. She can't keep her lips off of him.

Our attempt at a family photo in the hospital.

Our first SLOW stroll around the neighborhood with our new stroller. Love it!! Addison really likes ridding in it.
When Addison wants to kiss Cohen she says "muuaahh" over and over. I guess that is the sound we make when we kiss.

Sooooo sweet!! She tries to hold him all the time. She will actually try to lift him out of his bouncy seat or swing. I really have to keep my eye on her.
Addison's Uncle Drew, or as Addie says "Dewww!"
The famous Aunt Lindsay, or "Zinzey!"
Aunt Lainey, or "Ainey!"
The beautiful Aunt Tammy.
This is how she is whenever she is around her family. She is soo loved by everyone and if you can't tell, she knows it!

My beautiful baby boy! So sweet!


Poor guy! You can tell he wants that passy soooo bad!

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Becca and Family,

    Welcome to the world, Lil One! It's VERY clear that you've joined an amazing, loving family. May your life be abundantly and infinitely Blessed.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings....and all the pictures Mama.

    May Blessings flow......
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you all! I'm so excited for you & I love your photos! Cohen seems so precious! I can't wait to see him in person. Love you guys so much. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know he is a very special boy because he was born on a very special day... we share the same birthday! He seems precious. We are thinking of y'all and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our next little one!

    ReplyDelete