Sunday, January 17, 2010

Things I have learned from motherhood:
  • I love sleep but not as much as I love being a mom!
  • Every minute counts during the night.
  • Never underestimate a sleeping baby.
  • Always pull the dirty diaper down with caution.
  • Explosive poop really is explosive.
  • Just because you hear her poop doesn't mean you change her right away... more will always come.
  • Always have the clean diaper under the dirty one before you remove it.
  • Always have antibacterial cleaning wipes near your changing table.
  • Holding Addison without a burp cloth is like walking around without a bra... you just don't do it!
  • It's impossible to always keep the house clean.
  • Socks don't stay on her feet.
  • Snap outfits are great but not convenient for night changings.
  • Don't bounce or swing a spitting baby.
  • Bibs are the best clothing saver.
  • Clothes are not meant to be worn but frequently changed.
  • Take the diaper trash out daily.
  • I still haven't figured out what every cry means or the secrete to getting her to sleep during the night.
  • I will never have all the answers, and trying makes me go crazy.
  • Don't burp Addison in bed... it results in having to wash our bed sheets and comforter.
  • I am not that modest when it comes to breast feeding. If your around you will get a peep.
  • Slings are only good if you have a baby that weighs less than 10 pounds.
  • The bouncer seat with the vibrations soothes her more than we can.
  • Family is amazing and I could not have survived any of this without my mom and mother-in-law.
  • Lastly, all this confirms how gracious the Lord is to me that he blessed me with this incredible bundle of joy. He has entrusted His daughter, Addison, to Ryan and I, and I know I am able to do nothing without his constant guidance and compassionate love.

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah, You are an amazing mother to that little girl. She is so incredibly blessed to have you and Ryan as parents. I am so proud of you all. I hope we can see you soon.

    Great-auntie, Tammy

    ReplyDelete