Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shots!

Addison had her first round of shots this past Friday, Feb. 26th. I was dreading it and luckily my wonderful husband was able to attend the appointment with me. Before I get to the sad part where she gets her shots, I would like to inform you that our Addison now weighs 13 pounds 9 oz, is 24 inches long and the Dr. said she is in the greater than 97th percentile. This means that more than 97% of babies are smaller than Addison. She is our precious BIG girl and we are so proud of her growth spurts! She checked out great as far as everything else goes and now comes the shots. So if the shots weren't enough to make you sad, she was butt naked and the nurse told me to hold her little precious arms down while she injected the vaccines. I was doing ok until the "it sounds like I am coming out of the womb cries" began. A little tear came to my eye as I comforted her on my chest. Addison is a strong girl and calmed down only a minute after the shots were given. She took it like a champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment